Friday, March 26, 2010

Mother Nature's Prank



This morning I woke up and saw that Mother Nature had played a trick on us in Central Ohio. Over night we had a bit of snow, probably close to 2 inches but on top of that it came with high winds so had drifted all over. I got the Blazer scraped off and started to come to work and within 50 yards about lost control and almost slid into a neighbor who was cleaning his windows on his truck. I wasn't going fast and regained control quickly.

By the time I got to the exit of the developement I could see that traffic was backed up on the main road so I could not even get out of the developement. There was an accident right up the street. I went back to the house to wait for the accident to get cleaned up. I left again about 15-20 minutes later and the traffic had cleared up some. I pulled out on the road and it was complete ice. This morning was the worst drive into work I have had this year, and in February we broke a 100 year record for th most snowfall in the month of Feb. in the area.

There were cars in the ditches all over the place on the way to work. Some of the road would be clear then you would come to a 50 foot patch of inch thick ice and everybody would slam on their brakes causing people to slide right off the road. By the time I reached work most of the road was covered in ice.

I know a lot of people including myself assumed that the roads and ground were warm enough that the snow would not stick on the roads. They cooled down quicker than we thought.

I'm glad it will be such a short cold period. It should have a minimal affect on the fishing. It could even make fishing better. As the water cooled the last 2 days the fish have probably slowed on their feeding, when it warms this weekend the fish should begin feeding again. I might be optimistic about it picking up by this weekend but I can hope since I have 2 big fishing days planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment