Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Life Changes Update and D.C. this weekend

A few weeks ago I posted that I would be trying to make some life changes starting on March 14th. So far I am on my 3rd smokeless day. It hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. The first day was definately the hardest. I had to keep convincing myself that I did not need a cigarette. I still feel a little lost without stepping outside every few hours.

I haven't gotten the boat all the way ready like I had wanted. I have excercised some but need to start a routine of running every night. I had wanted to spend more quality time with the family. I don't think you can do both quality family time and quitting smoking. I have been a little edgy so far. I have to keep working at it.

I was hoping to be out fishing every weekend once ice out came. I have had dreams of casting a red eye shad out of the boat once this weekend hits, but I will have to hold off for another week. Christina's Mom and Sister with her 8 children are driving out from Kansas to visit this weekend. They are talking about driving to Washington, D.C. I took Friday off work so I could go too. I've never really wanted to go to D.C. but my wife has been trying to get me to go for years. I like road trips and I'm sure D.C. will be fun for a couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment