Thursday, March 11, 2010

9 Days Till Spring


Spring is close. Most of our snow is now melted and it is supposed to be up to 65 degrees today. After not getting over freezing for the whole month of February that is a welcome change.

As I was driving to work this morning I noticed the rivers were all out of their banks. Hopefully that will help to melt the ice off the lakes. I am going to drive to a couple of the lakes this weekend to see if there is any open water. Last week at Deer Creek there was a really small open patch near the boat ramp by the dam.

I hope there are some decent sized open areas. I would love to cast somewhere other than the front yard. Once the rivers receed a bit I am sure the saugeye will be stacked up below the dams. It should make some really good fishing in about a week or two. I'm ready to get that skunk off my back for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment