Friday, July 22, 2011

Rogue Mocha Porter

I'm a fan of micro-breweries as well as good food.  Before Christina moved back to Kansas we went to The Rusty Bucket in Columbus.  It's not a micro-brewery, but it does sell some of the best fish-n-chips I've ever tasted. 

This trip I ordered a Rogue mocha porter.  I was an instant fan.  It had a dark porter flavor with a hint of mocha taste to it.  It complimented the fish extremely well.

At the time I thought it was the best beer in the world.  It is still close.  For my going away present Shawn, one of my good friends in Columbus bought me a beer that cost as much as some cases of beer.  I don't remember the name of it.  It was aged in an oak whiskey barrel which delivered a wonderful oaky taste.  I drank that one and could taste the oakyness the rest of the night when I drank my other beers. 

I would  buy a case of Rogue Mocha Porter over the other beer for a fish fry, but if I was trying my first fresh caught ocean fish, after all these years of wanting to do so, I would buy the oak barrel, the Lamborghini of beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment