Thursday, July 28, 2011

Growing Gripes

There are a few things that have been bothering me the last week.  Not major life decisions, just small things that keep running through my mind.

We live in Kansas now and I want to see everybody that I haven't seen in a long time.  I have spent time with quite a few people multiple times now. 

My cousin Bug is one that I haven't seen yet.  She had asked me to go to a music festival that Eminem is going to be at in KC.  I told her I would go.  Then, she said it costs too much.  I suggested we use the same weekend to go to the Decatur County Fair.  I hadn't been to it in years and her and I used to go there every year as kids.

I told my wife about it and she wants to go with the boys.  I called my cousin and she wanted it just to be the 2 of us.  I am torn on this because I really want to take my boys to the fair.  It has rides for their size and lots of games and food. 

I called my cousin and told her.  She said that with it being hot, her Mom doesn't have use of the upstairs to sleep everyone.  Come to find out later, my cousin had set up a surprise party for me.  She still wants to hang out with just me so we can do our own thing and not have to worry about kids. 

I'm torn.  I want to take my family.  I don't want to tell them they can't go.  On the other hand, if there aren't any accommodations in the area I can't take them and I want to go see my cousin and some old friends.

Another issue I have on my mind is that the week after that Mizike and Kimmers are going on a canoe trip and have asked us to go.  With it being the week after my trip North for the fair, it's a little too soon for another long trip due to financial reasons.  Christina's Mom is going to be in town and Christina doesn't want to go.  I won't go without her for a canoe trip with 2 other people.

We have friends and family close but almost all of them are 3 hours or more away.  I told myself I wouldn't complain about the drive since I will be a ton closer than Ohio.  It's not the drive that's getting old.  It's the cost of gas to get there. 

I will probably go to the fair alone, depending on what Christina says.  I will tell Mizike I won't be able to go canoeing.  We will start staying home more to save money.  We had been leaving every weekend to give Todd and Cherish their house on the weekends, but we have blown through our savings and cannot do that anymore.  I hope we get our house soon so I quit feeling like a burden on them.  If we don't get a house soon I will start looking to get something outside of town.  I really don't want the cost of another moving truck. 

The last thing that is bothering me is work.  I have been given several more responsibilities this last week.  One of them is for billing.  I had a couple hours of training for a 4 day process that has to be started today.  I had training on our systems on the same day this week.  The next day I had to put a desk together.  Now my office is filled with boxes from items that have came in that I haven't gotten to check in, label and get to their locations.  I have lists of items that need to be ordered as it's the end of the month and everything that is outdated next month needs replaced.

I am happy to have work, I just don't like being overwhelmed with it and most likely having to work on the weekend to get it done.  If I can get overtime approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment