Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mizike's Birthday

Today is Mizike's birthday. We went out to Buffalo Wild Wings last night to celebrate. We had a few beers some wings and played some trivia. It was his idea. He couldn't go out tonight since he has to get up early in the morning for a company meeting. I was the bad guy last night and made us come home at 10:00 since I had to be to work this morning.

Tonight I am going to get things ready for our first Thursday night tournament starting tomorrow evening. It is called TNT series for Thursday night tournament series. It will last for 20 weeks alternating between Alum Creek and O'Shaunessey.

It's not a great time to start a series. Both of my boats need to be in a shop. I got the pontoon out this weekend but it has some new problems. Whenever I throttle past half way it acts like it is running out of gas and goes back down to idle speed and sometimes dies. I called the mechanic today and they said it might be something that happened when they replaced some of the parts or tuned it up. I hope they are able to get it running right soon. This will be my 4th trip to the shop this year. I have 2 boats and both of them live there.

The pontoon will at least float and get us across the water until the Nitro is finished. It will be slow, but we can still fish the tournament. It's supposed to be high winds and a thunder storm tomorrow evening. I hope there is a good turnout.

I can't wait to get my Nitro back. I've only had it out once but it is definately nice fishing out of that boat. I have quite a bit to get ready this evening. I have to get our alternate to sign a form, get my fishing gear together, get Mizike a birthday cake, cook up some crappie and fried potatoes, and find my insurance paperwork for the boats so I have that with me tomorrow. I also have to call to see where the launch site for the tournament will be. I have been e-mailing Team Bass Xtreeme to find out information since it is not posted on their web site but have not had any responses in the last 2 months.

I kind of feel like it's one thing after another trying to keep me from getting to these tournaments. I want to fish them but I have to do it under poor poor circumstances. It's as if I am not supposed to be doing this and I think if all the signs are pointing to no then I shouldn't. On the other side, maybe I'm being tested to see how bad I really want this. I've jumped through hoop after hoop just to be able to compete in one tournament so far. I had to use a boat that hadn't even been tested out yet pulled with a truck that's tires were about to fall off. I had no fish finder and had problems with the motor, the wind was blowing hard, it was extreemly cold.

I'm not going to give up, but I sure wish that I didn't have equipment problems so I could concentrate on catching fish. I'm sure we will have everything up to par soon enough. The Blazer is already running better.

No comments:

Post a Comment