Monday, April 27, 2009

Getting outfished by a 3 year old

Friday night I arrived at home after work and felt tired. I wanted to lay around and watch T.V. Mizike's girlfriend also our roomate wanted a dog so we ended up driving across Columbus to a pet shop to look at a puppy that she ended up getting. We got back to the house pretty late and had some Chipolte's. I went to bed right away so I could get up early to get the camping gear ready in the morning.

I got up at a decent time and started packing all the camping gear. I keep it in the front of my garage for easy loading when we are ready to go. There were few things we needed at Wal-Mart for the trip so I got a partial list ready for my wife. I was about finished packing and walked inside to wash my hands. When I came back out her and Mizike's girlfriend were gone. I hadn't finished my shopping list, packed the items that needed to go in the van, which they took or talk to them about how we were going to meet up.

I tried to call my wife's cell phone but it went straight to voicemail. I had to have the boat dropped off at the marine and the other picked up by 11 AM. It was about 9:30 when they left. I waited around about a half hour and they had not returned. I was getting pretty upset. We needed ice for the cooler that had meat in it outside and we needed gas and oil for the boat. I was going to have them pick it up on the way but they left and had not communicated with me.

I left to get ice, gas and oil. By the time I got back it was way past the time I needed to leave to make it to the marine while they were open. I was very upset. I have been trying to get the boat to the shop for the last couple weeks and now again after I had packed everything up, and was hoping to camp, I would not have a boat.

I pulled into the developement pulling the Nitro and saw my wife just now unloading things from the van. I threw my phone out the window turned around and started heading for a lake. I was so mad I didn't want them to call me or know where I was for the rest of the weekend.

I got to the other side of the developement and realized I had made a promise to my son to take him fishing. I really didn't want to but I turned around and went back to the house. I pulled up next to the driveway and my wife walked up with my cell phone. I yelled at her saying do you know what time it is. You know I had to be at the marine by 11:00. She tried to tell me she thought I would go on without them. I told her we need to communicate better because she took off without saying a thing or making any plans when she saw I was ready to head out.

I tried to walk inside and get away from her to calm down. She kept following me around and wanting to argue. Finally, after she had taken my phone and thrown it on the ground and broke it in two, I was able to convince her to leave me alone for a while. I had told her she needed to buy me a new phone because mine had gotten scratched when it was thrown out the car window. She took the phone and threw it against the floor. Luckily it is time for my new every 2 years phone.

I know I overreacted. I have a hard time when we are getting ready to go places. I always expect too much from her. It seems like I prep and prep for these things and she wings it at the last minute. She is just that way and is not going to change. I just need to realize that and not get so angry. She is a great wife most of the time.

I finally started to calm down and she came outside to see what we were going to do. I asked her to call the marine to see if they might stay open a little later. She called and they had changed their schedule for spring and summer. Starting this week they were open until 5 PM. Everything had worked out after all and I made a complete fool out of myself.

We continued to the lake and everything went good from there the rest of the weekend. I will continue with the rest of the weekend later.

No comments:

Post a Comment