Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tournament Preparation Day 1

You have to make your wife happy so that she doesn't resent you being gone fishing.  Last night I did the dishes, wiped cabinets down, swept floors and picked up several rooms.  There was a double motive to some of that.  I needed to clear counter space in the utility room so that I can hook up my microwave and start making worms.  The rest was mainly for her.

Cleaning took a majority of the evening.  It was also cold and very windy outside so I didn't want to be digging around the boat for all of my fishing tackle.

I did get online to try to find a boater link for the season.  So far I have had 2 boaters that I was linked with that are not able to fish this season.  I really want to be able to fish every tournament so I can have a shot at making it to the regionals.

I talked to a couple people that have been to Broken Bow.  They said the lake is really scenic and is very rocky. 

The last thing I did was look at a 10 day weather forecast for the area.  It looks like it will be highs in the 50's with lows in the high 30's with a few 60 -70 degree days thrown in.  That was just an initial check to see if camping would be feasible this time of year.  I don't think I want to chance it.  I will check back on the weather periodically to see what it is doing up to the tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment