Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2011 Review and 2012 Goals

The new year is coming quickly.  2011 was a good year.  I had a lot of great life realignments.  At the beginning of 2011 we decided to sell our house and move back from Ohio to Kansas to be close to family.  It was tough to leave Ohio with all of the friends I had made, especially the fishing kind.  There are no clubs and barely any lakes in the area we have moved.

Once I got back I started running.  It was good, I was loosing weight and becoming happier.  Then the time changed and it was dark by the time I got home.  I have been trying to wake up earlier to run but that has not been happening.  I had lost 25 pounds.  Since the time change I have gained 15 pounds back.  I eat way too much.

Several times this year I have tried to quit smoking.  I had a couple successful battles but couldn't do it on my own.  Around Thanksgiving I started taking Chantix and have done well while I have been on that.  There are a few times that I crave a cigarette but most of the time I am happy without.

Our new living situation has made me incredibly happy.  I really like my job and despite our lowering in pay our financial situation is a lot better.

With all that I have done in 2011, it will be hard to top in 2012.  I have been doing some thinking of what I would like to do in 2012.

1.  Start running again.  I would like to start tonight.  We have a track that is safe from dogs at night.  I can run there in the winter and run in the country once we get more daylight.  This is priority number 1.

2.  Make the regionals through the Okie BFL.  I had a blast fishing the BFL in 2010.  It will be even funner this coming year.

3.  Take a family vacation.  With the move this year we didn't take a big family vacation.  I would like to go to the Rocky Mountains in New Mexico.  I have never been there.

4.  Catch a fish in a new state.  More than one new state would be a bonus.  If I make a long trip this year my pen size travel pole will have to be in my bag.

5.  Run at least 2 5K's.  I would like to run a 5K outside of town then again in town next fall.

6.  Start preparations on a long hike.  I would like to take 2 weeks in 2013 to hike the Katie trail in Missouri, the Colorado trail or the Appalachian trail.  It would be nice to go as a family with my boys and my wife.  I need to get my wife excited about it somehow.

7.  Camp at least 5 times this year with the boys.  This should be a given and is a low number, but I have failed to do this so far.  I am making it a goal.  That way I can make sure I am being selfish and going camping.

These are not overly ambitious goals, they don't need to be after the year I have had.  I just need to settle down and enjoy life this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment