Friday, November 11, 2011

Scaredy Cakes

Cakes are scared.  It seems like there is a birthday every few weeks.  I guess there is.  With 11 kids and 4 adults between the Reeves and us, we have a lot of birthdays.  We had a combined party for 2 last night since their birthdays are only 2 days apart. 

This was our 2nd get together since we moved out.  Before the party I had the opportunity to run.  I took advantage of the opportunity and pushed myself hard.  I think I ran between 3 to 5 miles.  It has been a while since the last time.  Now that it gets dark by 6:00 I won't have many opportunities.  I pick up the kids after work and Christina doesn't get home until after 6:00.  I might be able to get up early and run before Christina leaves for work.  I need to keep exercising.  The town next to us has a basketball court and I might be able to start playing basketball once a week.

My legs feel like jelly today.  It's a good feeling.  I don't want to gain back the weight that I lost this summer.

I'm excited about heading down to Oklahoma City this weekend.  There's only been 2 times that I've gotten out of town since moving into the new house.  On the way back we can stop at Enid to do some grocery shopping and stock up on some lower priced grocery's along with the Thanksgiving meal supplies.

It looks like we are going to have Thanksgiving at our house this year with Christina's family.  Her sister is coming in from Missouri and her Mom and Dad are coming down from Northern Kansas.  It is exciting to be hosts for the big meal and the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment