Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mom's Cedar Bluff Bass


Mom and Dad went camping at Cedar Bluffs Reservoir in Kansas a couple weekends ago. That is the site that Dad had the 6 pound Walleye about this time last year. This time Mom got the big fish. They did not measure it. Looking at the picture you can tell it was a nice bass. I didn't ask but I bet she caught it on her zebco while crappie fishing with a minnow under a bobber.

I can't wait for this weekend. I have 2 tournaments then will be going to Kansas Sunday after the tournament to spend the week with Mom and Dad the wife and kids at Glen Elder lake. My grandparents might camp with us too. It is always great when they are at the lake.

It's been a while since I've been to Glen Elder but they have always had slab crappie, good walleye, white bass everywhere, bass, and other bonus fish. Dad and Uncle Monty finished 7th in the money at the Governor's Cup Walleye tournament there when I was younger. The whole family was camping out at the same time, and when they got back to camp after the tournament I was more excited than they could have been. I knew Dad could do good, he was the greatest fisherman ever!

Dad gave me 2 lures he got at the tournament site. I'm not sure if he bought them or if they were given to him. I still have both of them in my treasure box. A box full of lures that I will never use again because they remind me of so many great stories growing up. Those 2 lures will always symbolize the time my Dad followed his dream in fishing and succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment