Thursday, August 23, 2012

I Need to Travel


My buddy sent this pic to me the other day.  "The good ole days"
 It's been a tough summer for fishing around here.  The ponds and rivers are drying up again.  The weather has been either hot or windy or both.  It's starting to cool down now.  I am feeling the urge to go fishing on one of these cooler 95 degree days. 

I have been playing some online poker to keep myself occupied.  Maybe one of these days I will have a brag post where I win a decent tournament on there. 

I'm getting ancy for the Grand Lake tournament.  It was such a fun lake last year.  That and our last tournament in July was tough.  I want to go catch some bass.

I was online the other day and saw that Jacob Wheeler won the Forrest Wood Cup.  How awesome is that?  Just a couple years ago we were talking at the BFL's in Ohio.  He had some great advice about moving up that has stuck with me since that conversation.  I would like to think that if I was still in Ohio I would be on the Boater side of the BFL's next year.

This fall should be a lot of fun.  I will be fishing the Grand Lake 2 day tournament and now I'm planning another trip to Las Vegas.  If everything goes well at Grand Lake, I may even get to go to regionals in Louisiana.  I've been getting some tips on where to go eat if I make it.

School is starting up next week and both boys will be going this year.  We did some school shopping last weekend and they are getting really excited.  We will be busy chasing the nieces and nephews to volleyball and football games. 

Fall is an exciting time and would be even better if it wasn't followed with that dreaded winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment