Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Roboworm 4.5" Straight Tail ST-B6BF, Folkestad Special


Throughout the year I have been using different finesse worms, colors, and sizes trying to pin down one that outperforms all others.

I have had a lot of luck as of late with Roboworm straight tail worms. There was one color and size at a Dick's Sporting goods store in Kansas and they looked perfect so I bought them. They were a little higher priced than I wanted to pay. Somewhere around 6.00, but I had to have them as they were what I was looking for.

That pack got lost in the shuffle of vacation and I didn't find them again until a few weeks ago. The first time I tried them I caught a 4.7 pound largemouth quite a few smaller largemouth and ended up winning the tournament I was in. Now after 2 tournaments, I only have 2 worms left.

Yesterday I went on a mission to find roboworm with a variation of purple as that seems to be a great color. I can't keep junebug or any purple in my arsenal long as the fish seem to steal that color often and then I'm out again.

I ended up finding the Folkestad Special color of Roboworm and feel that it's everything I've been looking for all season. I still have quite a bit of fishing left this season so I ordered a pack. There was only 1 left where I found them. Luckily the roboworm website sells them too, I think. I also ordered a few other colors as well. I'm excited to get them and put them to work. I doubt they will arrive in time for this weekends tournament. I'll have to make good use out of the 2 I have left.

I have no doubt that the roboworm straight tail will get me a lot more high finishes in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment