Monday, August 17, 2009

Fun in the Sun

There was an incredible urge to fish Saturday. It was partially due to how I had fished on Thursday as well as wanting to try a couple new things out.

Kimber decided she wanted to get some sun while I was out and my older son decided he wanted to go fishing too. I worked it out so my wife would come to the lake and we would meet at the beach then I would go fishing on my own to try some things out.

Well, plans don't always work out. My son was a brat and threw a fit for the first hour and a half at the lake. I did get to try fishing the river channel a little but not as much as I would have liked or quite the area I wanted to. My wife did not show up at the time she said she would be there.

We ended up at the beach anyhow and swam and played in the sand. It was pretty fun. My youngest tried eating shovels full of sand. I'd think he would learn.

It was hot, one of the hottest days we have had this year and Kimber and I got burned pretty bad.

After a couple hours at the beach I mentioned that I was going to go fishing. Kimber wanted to go in the boat some more and told my wife we should all go out. I fished around the boat ramp for a while then took them in. I decided that I had enough heat and sun and loaded the boat as well. I think I was dehydrated. I was pouring out swet and had a terrible headache and my hands were shaking bad enough I could barely open the hatches on the boat to store everything.

It was still a good day because we were at the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment