Friday, April 30, 2010

Beaver!


Yesterday evening it was finally warm outside so I decided to fry up the fish we had caught on Sunday. As I was prepping the fryers on the back deck I looked back to the creek behind the house and saw a friendly neighborhood beaver.

He was laying there chewing on some grass. I walked up to him to get a picture and he slowly moved towards the creek. I walked back to the deck and he came back up again.

When my Sister-in-law, Mother-in-law and kids were out my nephew Peyton said that he saw a beaver down on the creek. I told him he was crazy, and that it was probably just a groundhog as we have a lot of them around and they look kinda similar.

A couple weeks ago I saw a tree chewed down in the back yard and last night I finally saw the culprit. I have rarely seen beavers and this is the first time I have seen one so close up.

No comments:

Post a Comment