Tuesday, October 16, 2012

On my way to Louisiana

I'm on my way down to Louisiana to fish the Red River BFL Regional tournament.  I'm really excited to be fishing the Red River after so many big tournaments have went on there the last few years. 

It's exciting to have a chance to fish for a boat and a chance at making the All American.  They say you can't win it on the first day but you can lose it.  I'm going to try to get a limit of fish so I am in contention on the second day. 

I can feel the bass on the end of my line now.  I love bass fishing this time of year.  It seems like I have always been better in the fall. 

After the Super tournament I talked to a guy that gave me some pointers on the Red River on what to have tackle wise.  That will give me a starting point. 

I have traveled 3 hours so far and stayed with a buddy in Oklahoma City.  Tomorrow I will make the remaining 8 hour drive and go to the pre-tournament meeting. 

My wife and kids were going to come with me but she has been out of town a lot with work lately and had to catch up at the office.  I was really looking forward to having them along.  It would be nice to have someone to go the restaurants with me.  Maybe I can get some of the tournament guys to go out.  I guess now I can concentrate on the fishing.



No comments:

Post a Comment