Friday, February 12, 2010

Mizike moving to Oklahoma



Times are constantly changing and I am about to be spending a lot less time with my roomate/friend/fishing partner Mizike. He has applied within our company for a transfer to Oklahoma City to be closer to family and friends and his family's farm.

He has gone through several interviews and will be making a site visit next Thursday for a 3rd shift Supervisor position. From my experience with the company its now down to not if he is getting the position but when.

I think it will be a good move for him. He and his fiance will be getting married in August, and it has to be a little rough living together out of a room in our basement. I'm sure they are ready for a place of their own to get their life together started. He will be closer to the family farm so he can help out there. He will also get a little bump in pay for the position as well.
We have had a good year. Once I got a promotion and we were not on opposit shifts any longer we have been able to spend quite a bit of time together. This year we started tournament fishing together, had many late nights drinking, and made it out on quite a few other adventures as well.

I am glad we were able to do so much together. I am a little sad that he will be close to 1000 miles away again and we will rarely see each other after a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment